Home > Objective
Cluster Innovation Centre
The Cluster Innovation Centre - or CIC as it is popularly known - has been designed to seek and derive innovations from industrial clusters, village clusters, slum clusters and educational clusters. It is an endeavour to harness the passion and dedication of bright young minds with some of the major challenges of India and civil society. We strive to stream relevant ideas and programmes stemming from the above mandate into its learning and research programmes. The hallmark of the CIC is 'out of the box' thinking and action with 'hands-on' applications through a transdisciplinary route. The CIC has pioneered the concept of a Meta College as well as a Meta University and runs highly innovative state of art learning and research programmes.
With the launch of innovative schemes by MHRD and the National Innovation Council, the University felt that innovation programmes be launched which should enhance creative potential of students, have innovative curricula, are more project-oriented and tailored to the need of society and industry. Such programmes should be enabling for students to relate themselves to the real-world problems in all spheres and look for innovative solutions to the problems. University should work closely with all stakeholders in this endeavour.
- To provide a platform for the University and its partners to forge mutually beneficial linkages to initiate and assist innovation activities and act as a catalyst and facilitator.
- To create an ecosystem that connects and facilitates various stakeholders on all aspects of the innovation process including training and support
- To promote innovations, channel various incentives that benefit the cluster and act as an incubating body managing the growth of innovation in the ecosystem.
- Encourage an environment of innovation in the system
- Develop innovative degree programs.
- Educate and sensitize students, teachers by launching schemes on innovation programmes in colleges
- Select ideas with potential by conducting training/orientation programmes/modules on innovation and research
- Develop ideas into innovative applications
- Facilitate collaborations and partnerships with industry, academia and other stakeholders
- Commercialize innovations and take them to the end users
- Develop meaningful linkage with various segments of society.
GC Narang Road, New Delhi, Pin code – 110007